Friday, December 25, 2015

After Christmas Sales! What to Buy, When and Where!

I don't know about you but I absolutely love the after Christmas sales! But you have to know when and where to buy things so that you get the best deals. I am going to take you store by store telling you what I buy at each store and when.

So the first thing most people think about after Christmas sales is wrapping paper, bows and gift bags. I personally do not buy any of these items for the most part the day or two after Christmas when items are 50% off. I normally will wait until these items go to at least 75% if not 90% off. I always get wrapping paper and bows at 90% off. Gift bags however are a different story. They tend to go a little bit faster so if I do see a style that I like, I will sometimes buy if you at 50% off depending on my need. The other item that I usually wait to 90% off is tissue paper.

Target – I will hit Target the day after Christmas as early as I can in the morning. I always go for the paper product items first. I look for the holiday paper towels, Ziploc containers, napkins and tissues. These will go superfast so I recommend you hit this spot first. Remember to price check everything! I have found tons of things on sale at 50% off and then grab a package of holiday plates and they aren't on sale. So do your work and check all your prices before you go to checkout.

After that, I head over to the Christmas items. I normally do not buy Christmas candy at this point. They will be marked down even further than 50% off. I do recommend you look for holiday food items. Holiday pop tarts and holiday cookie mixes. Target has their Archer Farms brand that has a ton of different kinds of baking goods. Also, anything that has a holiday label on it like chips and peanuts. Remember to try and price check everything. I also look for holiday flavored K-cups. This is a great time to stock up on K-cups. Don't just look at the 10 or 12 pack size. Look for the three pack samplers. These are usually always on sale.

Also at Target check out the pet aisle. For the last several years, Tidy cat puts out a winter kitty litter that Target always sells. This also goes on sale 50% off the day after Christmas.

While you are there check out kids pajamas, kids T-shirts and anything else that might have holiday on it. Think about your donations as well. This is when I stock up on items for donations for next year. Kids jewelry, T-shirts and lip balms are great gifts to give for donations.

Walmart- I will check out Walmart for the same items that I usually do at Target. Air fresheners are a big item here. I will check out the paper goods as well. I will check out the clothing although Walmart tends to go cheaper on their clothing as the season goes on. The number one thing I look for at Walmart are their holiday fragrance gift sets. These sets are usually put out by Axe or Dove. They are usually always at least 50% off so if you're in the market for these definitely check that out.

Also, Target and Walmart are both great for Christmas lights, outside décor and stockings and stocking holders.

Bed, Bath and Beyond- This store is where you were going to buy any of your household goods like tablecloth, placemats, napkins or even some of your décor. Everything will be 50% off and they usually have a good selection. But shop early if you're in the market for something specific. The other aisle I hit right away is their food aisles. Definitely check out their k-cups! Last year they had a K-cup trees that originally sold for $15 for 15 K cups. They were on sale for three dollars. I totally stocked up! I also look at their food items. They always have red and green tortilla chips on sale for a $1.50!

Pier One-This is one of my favorite stores to get teacher gifts however I wait for this store to go to 75% off. They usually knock down 75% off the weekend after New Year's. I am always there and usually hit two different ones. I definitely recommend the store if you have to buy a lot of little gifts for Christmas. You can get beautiful items at stock and them away until next year.

CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens – These stores I will hit when they hit 75% and 90% off. They usually have some great wrap and tissue around. I also look at their gift items. They tend to keep their holiday items out a little bit longer than a Target or Walmart. Stop back here often especially as you get into January when they are trying to clear their shelves. Great little treasures that are still lingering in the middle to end of January. You can also find fragrance gift sets here as well so remember to price check your items before you purchase. Of course they will also have lingering candy at 75% or 90% off well into January so be patient!

Don't forget that is you have any coupons for any of these discounted items you can use them! Glade, Ziploc, Bounty, Axe, Dove and Kleenex all have coupons out right now that won't expire until after Christmas so don't forget to use them!

I have included a link to you tube version of this tutorial as well! Click here to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment