Saturday, November 7, 2015

Ready for Some Savings

 On Wednesday,  Jordan from funcheaporfree.com posted a November project called FocusOnFinances. The goal of this project is to save some money throughout the month of November for Christmas  shopping( or whatever goal you want).  I have decided to jump in  and participate in this project! Woohoo

The idea is to set small goals to curb your spending throughout the month so you have some surplus to shop in December. You can read all about it over at  Funcheaporfree.com.

 So my goal will be to save $20 each day in November starting on Monday.Savings  can come from various places such as returning items to the store, cashing in money from a rewards or survey sites etc. You can also include not eating out or going to the movies etc towards your daily savings if that is normally something you do. I have decided not to use money saved from grocery coupons towards this $20 a day goal. That is my daily living practice and I do not consider that an extra savings.

One of the first challenges for this week is a freeze on spending. Therefore, starting Monday there will be no spending on anything!  I will do my grocery shopping this weekend and buy any essentials. So from Monday through Friday I will not spend any money unless there is an emergency or a need such as paying bills. Paying bills  is a necessity and is not part of the spending freeze. Gas for your car can go either way. Some people during a spending freeze choose not to buy it but I need it for work so I will probably have to spend money on gas this week. Also, this spending freeze challenge is for seven days but I will only be able to do it for five. We have something special planned for next Saturday that definitely involves money. I am excited and motivated to try this! Anyone interested in participating or reading more about it can read about it here.






No comments:

Post a Comment